• Contains ZERO VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)- up to 640 F when tested using the ASTM D402 method (AASHTO T78)
• Contains NO Petroleum Derivative Cutbacks- A 100% decrease over conventional Cold Mix Asphalt which contains dangerous amounts of the carcinogens benzene, kerosene, diesel, toluene or naphthalene.
• Biodegradable Solvents- Our solvents are derived from natural, biodegradable products that come from a sustainable source
• Use of Recycled Materials- An increase of 40-60% in the use of Recycled Asphalt Product (RAP)
Part of what makes GREENPATCH a sustainable solution is our commitment to using Recycled Asphalt Product . By reducing the use of virgin aggregates, we are minimizing the hazardous carbon footprint from the mining process- which also reflects on overall production costs.
GreenPatch uses state of the art recycling equipment such as SCREENERS (see image) in our manufacturing plants to create RAP by crushing old asphalt material and millings from roads and city streets. The screener separates and restores the reusable aggregates to be processed and re-graded into new asphalt.
• Recyclability- GreenPatch can be easily recycled just like normal Hot Mix Asphalt
• Eco Friendly Packaging- All of our bags are recyclable
• Energy Conservation in Manufacturing- Approximately a 70% decrease in fossil fuel consumption due to lower manufacturing temperatures
• Resource Conservation in Manufacturing- 40 – 60% decrease in the need from mining of virgin aggregates
• Employee Safety- Proper handling of GreenPatch is not hazardous to human health
• Animal Safety-The use of GreenPatch poses no threat to wildlife, marine life or domestic animals
• Green purchasing- Final product is considered an Environmentally Preferable Purchase
• GreenPatch is the First Product to be Endorsed by The National Green Energy Council™